View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #44
NC_John

Re: 1970 C10 LWB "Blu"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvesr View Post
Man, I love the truck. I have a 68 stepside with the same color blue interior with a darker blue outside. What color are you going to paint it. Your exhaust is a very high dollar chambered exhaust from a High perf Camaro or chevelle 68 or 69. Never seen it on a truck. If it is not rusted you might want to save it or sell it to someone who needs it for a restoration. You might look it up at year one or some other Camaro resto parts place and see what they sell for. If you get up near Asheville with it let me know and we will get coffee or lunch or something and compare notes.

Mika
Thanks. I have no plans to paint it (for now at least). It took 43 years to get the paint this cool so I want to leave it for a while. Maybe freshen it up later. Maybe....

I'm surprised to hear that about the exhaust- they're marked "Turbo Tubes." When I was trying to find out where they came from I found these guys:

http://www.classicchambered.com/

I don't really like them very much. I guess I need to hear them on a drive-by. Not too loud though and there is a really funny "blat-blat-blat-blat" when you shift at high rpm. Kind of like a Harley when the engine revs down. My 7 year old loves it. They're mounted too low on the truck- they should have been tucked up much higher. The installer really didn't care how they looked I guess.

I don't head up to the mountains much unless I'm on the bike. You should come down for the meet & greet Liz is setting up this way next month.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote