View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #11
Super_Dave

Re: Big Brakes with OE Rotors and OE Brembo 4 piston calipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
There are a ton of options out there, getting someone to cut up the brackets and sell them is another story. With caliper brackets and custom hubs this package would be as expensive as all the other big brake systems out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Dave View Post
I can laser cut brackets. We can draw up the 2D parts and my son does 3D modeling and design work, so if we had a sketch of what is needed for a bracket, including dimensions, or a bracket we can reverse engineer, that part is easy.

As for hubs, I have a Niece that works at a local CNC shop who could get the hubs done, but again, we would need a dimensional drawing or a hub my son could reverse engineer.
It depends on how bad people really want something vs. just wishing they might be able to possibly, someday, maybe get it. There will always be some Champagne Tastes on Beer Budgets, as well as daydreaming. This is what stops most capable vendors from actually producing anything that doesn't have a built in demand to justify their costs.

Bottom line... if people who really want this, come together and pool resources and skills to make it happen, it can happen. Outside of a vendor specializing in this type of work, and who has significant, built in, overhead costs to cover, no one person has 100% of what it takes to pull it off... but a group of people with skills and resources and limited or no overhead... can.

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote