View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #6
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

I don't, I've thought many times about trying to photoshop something up, but given that I plan on putting a 67-68 cowl hood on it, I know that photoshopping just that is probably beyond my skill level...and I have pretty decent photoshop skills.

But here are some details...

The wheels are from an inventory of wheels created for the Super Performance Shelby Daytona Coupe reproduction. They are pin mount wheels and have no lug nuts, just one giant 3" nut in the middle to hold them on. They are 18x10"s with kind of crazy back spacing of 7.2" which after the hub pin adapter for the center lug nets out to about 6.8". The tires on them are Diamond Backs, which are actually Nitto 555s, 295-45-18s. I'll be using these all the way around.

The chassis is going to be a Porterbuilt DM Mild Drop setup, chassis work is going to be done by Delmo. I'm only keeping the outer frame rails, everything else is going, replaced with all tubular cross members, outboard shock mounting on the rear. I'm going to be stretching the track width with extended control arms in front by probably 2 inches a side to compensate for the huge backspacing, this is good, it puts the steering pivot point out into the rim and shortens the front to rear movement of the steering. Should quicken up the steering quite a bit without being twitchy. To put it in perspective, the steering lever part of the spindle (I'll be using CPP 2" modulars) should actually be about 1.5 to 2 inches inside the rim on the back.

Kore3 is making the custom hubs for me that are made to clearance the pin mount center lug adapter and mount up the stock 13" Heavy duty '96 Corvette rotors. I'll be running the Z51 sliding calipers simply because I'm building this as a driver and it's a whole lot cheaper and easier to change than getting into the opposing piston Brembos or single source Wilwoods or Baers. In the end it's being built for a long and serviceable life.

To round out the front suspension I'll be running the Ridetech Select coilovers which are electronically controlled dual dampened shock cores that have a selectable tour and sport mode. I plan on running them independently selectable front and rear so that there is a soft daily driver mode with all four in the softer position, a have some fun mode with all four stiff, and a cargo-tow mode with the front soft and the rear stiff.

The rear end is going to be a custom Moser 12 bolt, which will probably end up being almost 6 inches wider than stock with a Wavetrac differential the corresponding 13" Vette brakes with internal parking drum will be used in the back.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote