View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #8
1hihum

Re: Anyone ever use classictruckglass.com 60-63 one piece windows?

Ok, sorry for the delay (just got out of the hospital yesterday). Here are a few shots of the windows. You can see how the front of the window sticks up even after its rolled all the way down. It's not really an issue for most people that I've run across. I used the switches that came with the kit (70's-80's GM style with the plastic chrome bezel). I simply removed the bezels and did a little Drexel work on my doors original window crank opening to place the switches until I can get around to doing my door panels. They fit nicely for what I wanted and if I ever decided to just go with the window crank style switches instead, the work I've already done would be easily covered by the window crank handle.

I still have some fine tuning to do on both doors before they are perfect. But they work great and I am very happy with them. I did things a little different than the instructions call for on the weather stripping. The instructions call for the user to make spacers on the inside of the door where the weatherstripping goes because the new stripping isn't made specifically for our trucks (it's a universal "U channel" that is slightly smaller than our original. I took out my old weatherstripping and stripped everything off of the metal "backbone" of it. Then I placed the new weatherstripping inside of it and installed it in the door. The only place I needed a spacer was at the front of the door where the wing window was.
Attached Images

1hihum is offline   Reply With Quote