View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 06:35 AM   #85
special-K
Special Order

Re: Trip to the auto parts store just isn't the same

HEY! I just realized I've been posting the counter top fun in the wrong thread...WHOOPS!! Man, I'm rolling hard and fast lately. I guess I was tired last night when I goofed in the middle of the post. Now today was before my coffee. Sorry, I wish I could move it over to the right thread

Yes it is. The guy who dismantles, sells, and mills this stuff said it was a 250 year old building and they counted 250 rings in a beam. Not sure if my wood came from that beam (don't think so), but we're talking trees that were standing before Europeans did in this area. I've been treating it with a high level of respect, that's for sure. Plus, it wasn't cheap!

I know this wasn't last weekend, but a continuation and, as I said, I'm really enjoying this work. I started installing yesterday and will finish that, pour more resin in the inside corner joints (before installing two other sections), and make up/install the edge trim today. Need to get to the finish and get her sink working. Pour gal, I feel bad but she says it's all good...very excited. Unfortunately, I felt the need to build in place which meant rip the old out first, rather than measure up/build/tear out/install. It's an old out of square addition on an old farm house. I already figured that out in the room upstairs when I did a ceiling last winter.

Here's a progress shot during sanding. I had marked the last stubborn areas needing resin fill. I had it built up quite a bit in some spots. Each application flowed across as well as in the nooks & crannies
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-25-2018 at 07:05 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote