View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 11:52 AM   #86
landarts
landarts

Re: Trip to the auto parts store just isn't the same

Thought I would check in on the old thread and add another experience that happened yesterday. I was working on the truck and after I drop it down off jack stands, tried to start it the starter would spin but not engage. The starter was not more than a year old and which I had bought from the local Napa Auto store. This starter from day one was always loud made funny noises when starting. So I figured I would just jack it back up, unbolt and take and back for exchange.

So I get down to the store I bought it from and the young girl at the counter ask "what does it come out of" I told her 1972 Chevy C10 v8 350 motor. It took her about 15 minutes to look up on the computer. She states that they do not have any in stock but the store a few miles up the road has one. She calls over and tells them to check stock and they confirm they have it and will hold it on counter. So I drive over and when I get there I tell them that they had a starter on hold for me from the other store. He opens the box and it was not even close to match. So another 15 minutes and 4 more boxes on the counter we finally have a match.

The counter guy says where is your receipt, I state that I forgot to bring it, but you can call the other store they know me well. He calls over and gets someone on the phone that does not know me, he hangs up and says sorry they do not know you so you will need to pay for it full price. So at this point I finally lost my patients and just wanted to get back to my project, so I paid full price. When I got home I had the receipt in the file and I will go back this week on my way home from work to get squared up on refund.

I will be polite and after I receive my refund I will tell them that I will no longer be a customer. At this point it looks like I will be buying just about everything I need online.
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote