View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 10:38 PM   #29
bennylava

Re: Starter just keeps going?

Well I have yet to figure out exactly what the problem was, other than it seems to have stopped once I got a new battery. To be on the safe side, I had the alternator rebuilt at a good shop. As far as I know that alternator could have been 20 years since its last rebuild.

Anyway as something of an update, something weird happened which ties into my fuel line thread. I got the fuel lines off the truck today, and they weren't leaking cause they'd rubbed up against the cab. They were leaking because somehow, some way, electricity had welded the two fuel lines together. There was a hole where fuel came pouring out. I can't imagine how it didn't burst into flames. But it didn't. I guess cranking and cranking on the engine somehow loosed some electricity from... somewhere. Still haven't figured out where it came from. The starter seems to be fine, and the fuel lines aren't touching it or anything like that. Just another one of those weird unknowns I guess.

I insulated the new fuel lines so there isn't any more bare metal down there, just in case it happens again. All the smoke I was saying that came pouring out from under the hood, was from when the lines welded together.
bennylava is offline   Reply With Quote