View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 01:35 AM   #6
izzy_Britton

Re: Project: Delongdium - The Plastic Clad 03 Avalanch

I CHEATED!

I work the most crap-tastic schedule of anyone I know. I work some days 2am to 7pm, other days 4am to 6pm and some days 6am to 7/8/9pm. Working this schedule has made getting to the shop to work on any of my trucks very difficult. So I cheated and 'hired' an old high school buddy of mine to polish up my dirt and bug infested paint job. He cut and buffed the fenders two front doors and the hood for me. He did a fantastic job and didn't charge me much considering the amount of time he has invested.

One other problem that I had on paint day was that my water separator and desiccant dryer failed due to the enormous amount of water my compressor decided to vomit all over the place. As a result there are numerous fish-eyes in the clear that DO show up quite clearly while inside the shop under florescent lamps. however under the sunshine outside the fish-eyes, bug divots, and dirt spots are nearly invisible. Overall i am quite pleased. This is after all the first time I have painted the outside of ANY vehicle using a base/clear system in almost 20 years. I will do better next time.

I will probably spend this weekend giving the back half of the truck a light polish, the front is extremely shiny while the rear is a bit faded and dull. I will try to get more pics this weekend as well.
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote