View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
Boyd
Resident Lurker

Re: Blazer Tank Install Thread/Link????

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
the j bolts mine had were worthless heres some pics isaved when i did mine..if i were you id weld up the stock filler hole and make it on the rear of the tank..
I got mine done. Part of my confusion was there were only 2 j-bolts included in my kit, is that normal? I just rebent the straps to better fit the contour of the tank, used the j bolts with locknuts on one side and drilled two new holes on the other and used grade 8 bolts and lock washers. I'm happy with it.

Why do you suggest relocating the filler? I plan on running mine straight up through the floor of the bed. I have a billet fuel door from a Dodge Ram that I plan on installing in the floor on the driver side.

Remington Steel - how did you run your filler? I have a stepper also and curious how you did yours. Also, it looks like your running a carb return, but why is there fuel line on the other side as well? Is it a vent? Did you just cap the opening next to the filler? I attached a pic to clarify...
Attached Images

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."- H.L. Mencken
Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote