View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #134
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Well crap! I would like to be able to tell some elaborate story of how a Taxi cab bashed into me after it was highjacked by escapee spider monkeys from the local zoo but that didn’t happen. Ah, Nope! I backed into a pole a few weeks ago…. Errr!

I fixed the bumper the next day with a porta power and floor jack. It came out alright but it doesn’t look near as nice as the solid virgin GM step bumper that it once was. My buddy Coloradobill and I will be building a new one for it soon similar to what is on the K10.

The K10 felt sorry for the Polar Bear so it donated it’s tires to the Suburban for a while. It was time for a change as I am getting tired of the black steelies that were on it and the Super Swampers are not a realistic tire to run year around. I really like this tire and wheel combo on this truck more than any other. I'm actually thinking of leaving this set on the Burb and get a new set of wheels and tires identical to these to put back on the K10

Nothing new to report on the Burb other than I’ve been collecting a lot of 8.1L bits and pieces here and there. Hope to get the engine swap done this winter
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote