View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #32
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Turbo 350 Transmission Don't Feel Shift 2 to 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironangel View Post
The fact that your trans. quit shifting after you installed the lighter springs indicates more of a problem than just the lighter spring change. Did you back out that adjusting screw in the modulator? Remember that the modulator works in conjunction with the governor by holding off shift points by raising line pressure. I'm suspecting that the present screw adjustment in the modulator has rendered the governor useless with the light springs installed. Back that screw out and try it again...1/4 turns make all the difference in those red stripe modulators...Let us know what you find.
Thank you for the heads up on this. I did not make any adjustments on the modulator as I am a firm believer in change one thing at a time, however I will do so now.

To be honest with you all, one thing that may have thrown a Monkey Wrench into this whole experiment is all that automatic transmission fluid that dumped out when I removed the governor, I have since added more fluid (yes before the first test drive, ha ha) however I need to check the level and make sure we have the proper amount. Just thought I throw that in there.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote