View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 04:39 PM   #1
ChevyMopar1969

Ignition issue want to install push button start

Hello All,

Among others I have an 86 GMC Sierra Long Body that i fixed up years ago but is getting a little rough. I was working on another issue and while turning the key the linkage broke. I can turn the key for access or to on position and unlock the steering but when turn to the start postion nothing happens.

The actuator rack slipped off (see picture on page 69 of the jazzman column fix) last time it did this was about 6 years ago. This will be the third time

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/w...ck_Rebuild.pdf

i just want to wire in a push button for but i want to keep the nuetral safety switch. Can anyone send a picture of which wires to tap into and at which point?

I know everyone is going to say just fix the column but it will probably happen again and i have other projects in the works so i just want take the short cut for now. Thanks in advance for any feed back.

i'll attach pictures as soon as i figure out how. lol

thanks

Here is where the problem is..

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/M3wLmtV" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/M3wLmtV"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by ChevyMopar1969; 11-11-2020 at 05:34 PM.
ChevyMopar1969 is offline   Reply With Quote