Thread: Berthas Build
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #56
dfairchild19

Re: Berthas Build

Took my modified core support and valve covers to the sandblaster and got them back. I had to modify the core support further for the intercooler. Once i did all the trial fitting for that i primered and painted the core support black and the valve covers chevy orange. The valve covers really stand out. They will be one of the only things on the truck that is not silver or black.

The core support is finished with its modifications. i am not too happy with the angles of the intercooler boots on the passenger side but i will run them while the engine is in stock form for now and rework the pipes when i upgrade the turbo(s) or other power mods.

Some other things that are in some of the pictures that i did not take specific pictures of are the extra cutting and welding of the frame to make about 1/8" of an inch of extra clearance for the starter as well as having the front driveshaft lengthened and the rear shortened and making about 5 trips to the driveline shop to dig up the correct ubolts and straps for the u joints.

I also installed and plumbed the airdog to the injection pump as well as to the tank. i got the holes cut and grommeted in the bed and ran the lines but have not hooked them up in case i have to take the bed off again.

One thing that i am uncertain of is a vent in the tank. it had one with a 1/4" barb fitting with a check ball in it but i replaced that with a fitting with a 1/2" barb fitting for the return for the airdog. will i need to replace this fitting or will i be ok without the vent valve?

dfairchild19 is offline   Reply With Quote