View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #147
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

Well, luck does favour the brave.... or am I missing something here?

Popped around to Mickey's this morning for a chat and he was cleaning up a huge pot and reviving the plant inside it, from a job he did yesterday.
His sons work rebuilding, decorating and gutting office space.
Yesterday they had to take down a load of offices, and one of the casualties ended up being a load of White Oak skirting boards.
They are 90mm wide and I am not sure how thick...... Hope you are getting my drift here.

Anyway, a load had been claimed by one of the guys on the job, buut there were still some in the back of his van he mentioned, if I was interested in them before he went to the skip.

So I cleared the lot out and brought them home in the hope I could salvage some bits for the garden furniture we have, that has seen a lot of seasons outside and are now starting to show their age.

I previously rebuilt a garden bench using offcuts of White Oak as well, which is still in use.

Once I had sorted the pile out, this is what I was left with.....

The pile to the right is all under 1.8 meters long, so only good for rebuilding the furniture.

The pile to the left though, has about 19 strips, and at 90mm wide, I need 18 strips to remake the floor of the truck which is currently plywood.

After sorting it out, stashed under the bike trailer for now.
The cleaning up of the wood to get all the glue etc off it will take some time.
Unfortunately the side I need to use is the side with the glue, the other side it grooved.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote