Old 09-04-2017, 06:24 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Re: The K-20 lives!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
Special-k, your nuts worked good!
Good to hear, but I already knew that. I have a son you know

Cool! Cool! Cool! That thing is awesome. Are the Sr West Coasts original to the 'Burb? They look right on there with the big tires. Funny how my preferences have changed. I've gone from just driving them because I liked them better than the current (that was '73) to collecting high option trucks as classics, nut and bolt frames offs, to having a preference for them just like this! Maybe it's all in line with how my standards with girlfriends has gone, lol. But, a little worn, not so shiny, and IN USE is what I dig now. I like my cotton faded, whiskers, and my shoes not so shiny too. That thing and my K2500 together (when it had slots) would have been quite a sight.

I have never had a 4wd 67-72 Suburban. I had a nice '71 Custom Deluxe C/10 BBC I bought to do a conversion on in the late '80s but never happened. I've had a '91 3/4t 4wd and now drive a '95. I've come to love the 'Burbs. Great trucks, I mean station wagon, er Panel truck with windows, Crew Cab shortbed w/cap, SUV? They are whatever you want to use them for. I unload the tools out of my work truck Suburban, load it with parts for the swap meets, empty it, and sleep in the back on an air mattress. Then it's my camper!

A friend has a '68 K/10 CST I think I could buy if I had the dough. I hope it keeps sitting till I do. I'd put put some 8-luggers under it if I got it. It is also white.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote