View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #15
donw1986

Re: MSD Atomic EFI on '79 K30 in Cali

Well if yours diverts to the atmosphere, i think it wouldnt be any different than mine as far as it basicly isnt always putting air in the exhaust but im not sure, when i read those instructions i was aiso concerened but took it to mean that they were talking about the divrrter valve not always blowing into exhaust i am not an expert on this i just wanted to get rid of that carburator so i just went on with my install and i am really happy i did, it runs so much better and passed smog, i do live in Los Angeles county, and i think you said you are up near the bay area so i do know that different counties have different numbers and requirements, i had called the smog ref and asked them about this msd kit before my install and the guy i talked to was very interested in seeing this, and told me to install it and bring it to them because allot of small shops are afraid to pass aftermsrket stuff because they dont know about all the different parts, but when i installed it i did take it to my smog guy and he passed it so never went to the state refereree, i had also installed a new catyletic converter too, there is a forum on the msd web site thst could help you too, but i asked a few questions on thete and didnt get very many replies
donw1986 is offline   Reply With Quote