View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #16
Apache'71

Re: MSD Atomic EFI on '79 K30 in Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by donw1986 View Post
there is a forum on the msd web site thst could help you too, but i asked a few questions on thete and didnt get very many replies
Thanks for the help, Don. I did read the MSD support forum yesterday and after searching my issue, the only relevant dialogue I found was from you, assuming it's the same Don W.!

Maybe I'll post there too and see if anything pops up...

Here's your AIR diagram when cold and when warm. So it looks like yours diverts to the air cleaner under high RPM to prevent backfiring, but it also looks like it diverts into the catalytic converter after it warms up. So maybe MSD's ECU setting on yours delays reading the O2 sensor until after it warms up, when the air is injected into the catalytic converter and downstream of the O2 sensor.

Unfortunately, mine gets dumped into the exhaust only (except under high RPM/vacuum where it's diverted to atmosphere). Maybe my only hope is the AIR system injects compressed air near enough to the exhaust valves to continue the burning of the normally unburned segment of the exhaust gases and therefor doesn't have that negative of an affect on the O2 sensor.

But after looking at the pump, it does appear I can simply remove the veins to make it appear functional but not actually pump any air as sweetk30 suggested.

Decisions, decisions...
Attached Images

Apache'71 is offline   Reply With Quote