View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #159
67C10Step

Re: Things that annoy: "AC Works, but"

This first one is more on buyers. Was selling an atv a number of years ago and had a guy call me and tell me he was coming to look at it that afternoon. Cool. Second guy calls me and inquires about looking at it the next day. I tell guy number 2 that would be great but guy number 1 is coming to look that day and I'd let him know if it was still available. Well, guy number 1 drives it and never asks me about taking less. Hands me cash, loads up, and leaves. I am a happy seller. Call guy number 2 to inform him the machine is gone and he starts chewing me out for "screwing" him. I just hung up.

This one happened to me on craigslist just this week. I am looking for a set of 15" six lug rally wheels. See an add where a person has both a set of five and six lug rallys for sale. When I contacted him the six lug were gone but I have been considering swapping my truck to 5x5 so I ask what the pattern and width is on the five lug. The response was "I don't know, they came off a truck." At this point I am not certain they even know what they have so I did not respond. Arrgghh! I used to trip over six lug rallys everywhere I went until I wanted a set.

I also tend to be the biggest critic of my stuff for sale. I don't like wasting my time or others time so I try to get everyone's expectations set before hand.
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote