View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 11:29 AM   #24
verdell

Re: Swap pros, need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
new hose came in today. i cut it to size and clamped it on but damn it was so tight. could only slide it up on the tube about an inch or so and clamped it. other side slid on no issue. so i couldnt double clamp it but it should be good to go..i dont know how in the world it could even slide off without cutting it off lol.

anyways, bought myself a cheap harbor freight pressure gauge just because, and im getting the same 42-44 psi at idle. pulled the regulator vac line and it shoots to 50-52?...which seems normal. FYI, dont be a dumbass like me and unhook the pressure gauge while the truck is running anyways, truck starts right up, idles fine, even pulled out the driveway and back in with no issues. believe the problem is solved i hope!

i have enough hose leftover to do at least 1 or 2 more pumps if anyone is interested. sucks paying $30 per foot and only need like 4 inches.
I fought this issue on a couple of builds. I went with the expensive submersible hose and injection style clamps BUT ALSO used zip ties around the pump body and pickup tubing to prevent it from flexing. It really made a difference.
verdell is offline   Reply With Quote