View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 02:05 PM   #62
padresag

Re: 65 Burb body mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyllandhyde View Post
I picked mine up yesterday and was able to lay them out this evening. They are a little thinner than the stock ones as Grandpa54 pointed out. The material looks to be a little denser, or that might just be because they are new. All in all they are a fairly solid reproduction.

I have one question though. There are a total of 8 of the large square cushions. I know that four of them mount at the floor board location in the front cab. The other four I can only assume are for a panel or not required for a Suburban? Not sure on those. I went through the photos of the disassembly of my Suburban and the only other body mounts are the ones in the front of the frame for the core support. Obviously, the square cushions won't fit there. Any idea on those? I hope I am not missing something that's sitting right in front of my nose.
they may be covering all bases here at once, but were not the early 60s cab mounts (insulators) square? I have some early (i Believe) rad mount insulators square but not that large
the other thing with the frt rad mounts is the frame bracket it self. it seems that most suburbans and panel had the mount with the bonded insulator(eg in following pic) while pick/ups didn't have this feature; they were a wider bracket and riveted to the frame. perhaps this extra rubber has to do with that???????????????.

My feelings are with the longer and larger expanse of sheet metal with both the suburban and the panel that this extra insulator was added to help stop fatiguing in the sheet metal. in the pickup there was a separation between cab body and box so that there are 2 separate functions
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote