View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #56
Moccelin

Re: Veraneio 67 - The Brasilian Suburban

Sorry for upping the topic... I also have a Chevy Veraneio, mine is from 1971, with the L6 261", and think of sharing some informations.

Our C-10 and Veraneio has the same chassi of your "10s", including suspensions, but the engine, transmission and rear axle are from older versions of your trucks.

For exemple, until 1978 we have the 261" stovebolt... Yes... The engine that you saw coming out of line in 1963/64 we saw in our trucks and Veraneios until 78, more than a decade later. Then we have the 250" around here for a looooooooooonnnng time, even in a 1998 Chevrolet Omega, 1999 Chevrolet Silverado with a head design by Lotus and multi point electronic fuel injection, but still a 70ies design engine. Our more modern trucks, including our D-20 and Silverado always have this engine as the only real gasoline engine (the L4 version was a real lame), but the top versions came with diesel L4s (Perkins, Maxion S4, S4T and S4T-Plus) and later MWM Sprint 6.07.

As a truly brazilian design our Veraneios and C-10 have a good amount of aftermarket parts, including old machinery in the hands of some people who still building steel parts, and the L6 250" have a looooooot of knoledge running, and the main reason was our Chevrolet Opala (some kind of "brazilian hot rod main base"). The counter part for the trucks was the Ford F-100/F-1000/F-250, that is a "CTRL+C" "CTRL-V" from yours, obviously with a huge amount of time of delay.

But back to the GMB (General Motors Brasil)...

We never had V-8 engines on our trucks, so we play with we had/have, and we had the 250. Some people put V-8 in this truck, coming from imported trucks, or even marine engines stripped from boats who recieve diesel engines (cheaper to run a diesel engine here).

I pretend to put a V-8 in mine, probably a injected 350" with a 4L60, but maybe a flexible fuel 5.3L with a 6L80 if the money permit, tune the interior to give as much confort as possible, but keeping the exterior as classis as I can. Something like the SuperBurb from Hart_Rod, but without the air bag suspension.

By the way, the power train solution from Chevy_Brazil is excentric, even here, becouse the comon sense play that if you want power take away the 261" (called Chevrolet Brasil in here) and put a 250".

And sorry for my english.

Last edited by Moccelin; 01-05-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Add the "excentric" info...
Moccelin is offline   Reply With Quote