View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 11:37 PM   #652
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

as part of my interior work I removed the "hot rod air" evaporator unit. its been hanging in the truck for about 10 years but has never been hooked up. my plan is to remove the covers , lube and clean everything, and bench test the unit. I got it out on the bench and started removing the screw on the cover but stopped. I want to do a little research before I tear into it. I also got my windshield wipers working. it was awesome! I had the electric wipers put in about 8 years ago but they never worked. the guy that installed them said he would fix them and then went out of business. I lived in the desert so it wasn't a big deal that they didn't work. here in Oklahoma you HAVE to have wipers. it took me all of 12 minutes to diagnose and get them working. I'm pretty pleased with myself. -EDIT- the a/c is an old " hot rod air" unit. they have been out of business for years now. I'm having trouble finding a lot of information about them. I was lucky to find a pdf of the installation. it doesn't really answer all my questions but I haven't really studied it yet. the worst part is that I'm missing parts. the controls were never installed and I'm pretty sure the guy kept them. I know I can get vents so that's not a big deal. I probably cant find " hot rod air" control switches. I'm hoping I can buy some vintage air switches that will work. has anyone pulled the covers off of their evaporator?

Last edited by evilokc; 01-15-2018 at 12:06 AM.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote