View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #147
steve aleve

Re: Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDrifter View Post
What a whirlwind of a weekend. Oldest daughter was a queen candidate for Homecoming, so that kept us busy Friday night and Saturday evening. Both of my girls had volleyball tournaments in different towns on Saturday. I still managed some shop time.

Finished the seat belt install, knocked out the DBW gas pedal with original pedal used. Pulled some wire through the firewall, installed the alternator and power steering pump. Before putting the PS pump in, I tapped the second return hose with some 5/16" fine threads and installed a bolt coated in aviation gasket maker and blue lock tight. Made the brackets to hold the radiator in, installed exhaust manifold studs, and last but not least, "test fit" the new air cleaner.

Gas pedal fought me like the shifter linkage, what seems like a simple job took a lot of extra effort. My replacement 3/16" brake flare die was supposed to be in the mail on Saturday...it didn't show up, so I'm still not finished with my brakes. Ordered some more AN fittings to fix up my power steering pressure line, and some longer bolts for the cab mounts.

Hopefully my engine/trans harness will be done soon so I can get focused on wiring. Need to lean on my guy to get the wrecker bed done. I'm starting to question whether its going to happen on time or not, may have to just rock a quicky flatbed for the time being.

Love the truck and the build!! I wanted to ask where you got those three point seat belts? I have an identical set in two point and would love to upgrade. Thanks!
steve aleve is offline   Reply With Quote