View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #95
Steve-W

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Okidoki..what have I been up to in the meantime?
got the brakes sorted out. got myself a new BPV (brake proportioning valve) because the old one was for a drum/drum set-up without a booster, so it wouldn't have worked. then I got into heaps of trouble with the new front brake hoses, because I thought my new crossmember came from a '73 Sub, but the the brake hoses I ordered (for that model) wouldn't line up...so we had to be creative. then there was the position of the bpv.. I could have made a support bracket, but I ended up at the firewall.. please feel free to tell me off if that's not the way to go!. This made it tricky for the brake lines down to the front hoses, but again I got creative with the bending tool .
Steering is all done, I found out that the old steering arms wouldn't fit the spindle, because their diameter was to small. luckily I got the steering arms with the '73 crossmember, so I only had to swap it.
now some pictures

ok I have a few questions and I would appreciate any help on these:
(1) I read somewhere that the 2 brakelines between the master brake cylinder and the proportioning valve should be exact the same lenght: true of false? and if true..why so?
(2) the 2 bearings in the steering columb; I have a spring at the bottom one hoding it at tension, do you also need a spring at the top one, or is it the steeringwheel keeping it in place?
(3) I got replacement doorweather striping and it doesn't hold itself, so it falls down? do you need to glue it, or are there clamps? (see pic)

thanks in adevance for the answers!
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod

Last edited by Steve-W; 04-28-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote