View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #55
47 Fasttoys

Re: Loadmaster '47 COE

Yes, a move to China is not something to be taken lightly, luckily my wife was able to join me and has found a job teaching at an international school. I have been here 2 1/2 years now and have about 1 year left. I do get 1 or 2 home trips per year so it's doable. On the plus side the money is great.
Now back to the important stuff, no I haven't found details on anyone using this chassis but the track is right and a few other details of the donor seem to fit well into the final goal of the truck. As far as the engine setback, the goal is the front of the engine under the rear of the cab with the intake flipped 180 degrees so the TB will be at tranny side. This should allow the front of the intake to sit behind the seat. I will fab up a low mount alternator set up so everything forward of the valve covers will be under the seat. This should leave me with a drive shaft around 20 to 24 inches. That sounds short until you see my FFR Cobra drive shaft, it's 8 inches center to center of of the "U" joints. Anyway, I've got lots of details worked out on paper and have used a tape measure once or twice. I've also done a few EFI swaps and some chassis stuff in the past. If there a major roadblock to this project I haven't found it yet.
Rob