View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #20
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

I haven't bought the Eldorado calipers myself, but I have read that they don't come with the arms for the e-brake. Some guys have made their own using the correct size wrench. If you get a set of the Eldorado calipers and they don't come with the arms, and you can't get the issue solved, let me know and I'll get you taken care of.

BTW, your brackets shipped today. You should see them Saturday or Monday at the latest. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner2001 View Post
If I were to buy new calipers from the parts store, does that mean that they will not come with everything needed to run an e-brake? Are there parts that will ultimately have to be found used or in a junkyard? I was planning on not running an e-brake, but it hadn't occurred to me that it was necessary for the state safety inspection, so I'll have to go with the Caddy calipers it looks like. Anyone had an experience with finding the Caddy calipers new with the e-brake setup? I don't actually think that for the safety inspection that they usually even check the e-brake, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and not be able to pass inspection sometime down the road.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote