View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #11
sprint_9

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
nice, clean, rust free truck!
I couldn't have asked for a better foundation.

That gets me pretty close to being caught up. One of the things I missed was the mock up of my Boyd fuel tank, never got pics for some reason. Boyd makes one heck of a nice piece with those tanks, I was really impressed with the quality and customer service him and his staff have.

The original plan was to have the frame blasted and then I was going to paint it with SPI black epoxy. Ive since swayed away from me trying to do every little bracket and nook and cranny on the frame and am going to have it powder coated instead. It was supposed to go in last week to be done but the guy that was going to do it has had some equipment issues and wont have them fixed for a few more weeks. So moving on to plan C, I found another coater that actually does better work as far as I can tell. Ive actually seen some of his work first hand vs. hear say, so I feel a lot better about that. Only issue is he is over an hour drive away, but if I can do a little driving for a better product it will be worth it. Hopefully next week I can round up a trailer and get it to the coater.

Couple of other things I have been working on is getting everything gathered for a DOD delete on my 5.3. Everything should be here tomorrow for that, so Ill make sure to take some pictures of that. We may actually do that this weekend if things go to plan. Ive had first hand experiences with DOD lifter failures so that was a high priority to get that removed, and while doing it add a little bonus with an aftermarket cam from Texas Speed.

The other thing I've been working on is trying to figure out what to do with my hardware (nuts/bolts), while not in terrible shape it would be nice to do something with it. I don't really want to fork over a fortune for new so Ive been thinking about getting everything re-plated. It still isn't cheap but it seems to be about the next best thing. So I have a lot of cataloging to do to keep things straight if I send them off.
sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote