View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 07:30 AM   #11
GR8-68

Re: Anyone used this air ride kit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
My truck came with an Airbagit kit installed and the eBay link GR8-68 posted looks the same as mine. Compressor is shot, check valve on it shot and currently have that stuff bypassed and a shrader to fill the tank so I can drive it. One of the valves likes to stick and the system is supposedly 3 years old.

Also of note about the kit, or at least how it's installed in my truck. According to the gauges 60-65psi front and 30-35psi rear gives a nice ride and keeps it off the stock bump stops over bumps. But this isn't dramatically lower than stock ride height (maybe 2" lower) judging by axle to rocker location in pics I see online. If you want to go lower, the lower rear bag mount is a spacer that's about 3" tall that's gotta go and you need drop spindles. The kit doesn't include new bump stops that's why the previous owner probably left the stockers. I'm concerned about having the plates of the bags touch when laid out, the stock bump stops appear to barely prevent that so I've left them. Plus I plan on ditching this kit for a static drop before the spring anyway. Eventually I might try to make a helper system for the rear out of it but other than that it's worthless to me and I advise finding something better.
Thanks for the feedback Overdriven, I have pretty much seen all feedback is not positive for this kit, I may just stick with the static drop myself, it is what I know.

It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new.

"Project 68"

paypal.me/ldgrant
GR8-68 is offline   Reply With Quote