View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 01:48 PM   #18
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

While I had the body on for a trial fit, I went ahead and did the mods to the inner fenders (wheel wells) on the front to clear the shock towers. The cuts may seem a little far back, but I wanted to have enough space to pull the coil overs out from the top.

I also added the holes for some vintage air AC which will be a nice upgrade from the heater only and make summer cruising much more enjoyable.

Just a note on the two circular vents for the vintage air AC. I did not use the supplied template to locate the holes. The supplied template puts the edge of the hole right on the radius of the gauge/glovebox feature, which would have resulted in a visible gap on top of the grommet around the vent. So you'd see if all the time. So I moved the hole down and out just enough to get on the flat part of the dash. This does put me very close to side of the cab on the backside of the dash making the supply ducts fit very tight, so I had to keep that in mind as I moved the holes.
Attached Images

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote