View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 03:47 PM   #6
sixty4bigwindow

Re: Looking for LS swap installers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs46488 View Post
What is your mechanical ability? If you are willing to spend $5-6k, you could easily do this on your own.

The great thing about the LS swaps and the 350/350 setup you already have, it makes the LS swap a lot more "bolt in" ready.

I did my LS swap on a budget, so I was trying to get it all done as cheap as possible. I think the only thing I had to "fab" was my transmission crossmember but that's only because I didn't want to buy a new one.

All of the hard things I ran into when doing the swap could easily be resolved with help from this forum or spending more $$$

FYI, here in SoCal a complete turnkey install for either a 5.3 or 6.0 will run you between $6-8.5k
BS, are the swaps down there really that much?? Or are you talking about like a full rig, or somebody to do it for you total? I am moving to Santa Barbara county next week, and have been checking around that area. CL has some complete rigs for around that price, but for swaps, I've seen stuff around the 2k range.

My build thread for "Rocket" - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753023
sixty4bigwindow is offline   Reply With Quote