View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 02:05 PM   #40
akart

Re: Bilstien shock experiment $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomad75 View Post
Dude, tone down on the agression a tad would you? Nobody is beating you up. We are all asking questions about the combination to try and help you sort out the problem.

Your clarification to my statement still don't make sense then. What spec did they go for the eye to eye length? Are they 52" or 56" springs? If they are 56" spings moving the rear sping hanger is the correct thing to do.

Don't forget that when installing lift springs, the amount of lift is based against stock springs without any wear/useage that will cause them to collapse or at minimum flatten out. So a 2" lift spring could net 3"-4" over an old sagged spring.

Also, you stated multiple times you've given up on figuring why the height is off and all you want is the right shocks. Am I right? Problem is getting the right shock is 100% dependant on knowing what height you are sitting on. So until that variable is locked down any shock choice is purely a guess. Don't matter who makes the suggestion either. It's why Watson is still asking questions about it. Same thing from the rest of us trying to help here.

Just trying to help. Like many have said once you post up some pics it should be easier to understand the problem.
I had 52" springs and the sent me 56" springs. So they told me to move the spring hanger but they were good enough to send me bolts and nuts. They claim I have the right springs so I don't know how the height can change. They did mention something about removing leaves form the pack at one time, but that is not going to happen. The height is what it is and that is what I plan to spec the shocks by. Pictures are posted. So what do you think,does that look like a 2" lift?
akart is offline   Reply With Quote