View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 02:09 PM   #875
special-K
Special Order

Re: SPID Picture thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
Me too! I am thinking someone put the smaller mirrors on. It had a slide in camper on it so I am thinking the mirrors were probably bigger you would think .....
As far as the mirrors go, The bigger mirrors would have been RV JRs, which were small west coast style mirrors that came in pairs. RPO D29

The type on your truck are what were standard, but in '67 only the driver side was standard. Your truck has the optional passenger side. The original ones were painted and there are chrome and stainless replacements. I'm wondering if the factory offered two lengths in this style mirror or did they just call these "short mirrors"?

There are RPO DG6 and DG7 which are short passenger and driver side mirrors. There is RPO DG8 which I think is the same mirror both sides. THEN.... there is RPO DG9! Want to guess what that is? LONG passenger side mirror. I wonder what's what. I was thinking these could be larger truck codes, but then there are the DH series of mirror codes. There is DH1 which has the same description of DG9. DH2 is long driver side and DH3 is long mirror both sides.

Different codes for same descriptions, long/short, I dunno. Codes cover all trucks. I guess this is a topic for a new thread.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote