View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 01:11 PM   #63
Beach-Burban

Re: The more I learn...the more puzzled I become!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNAVY30 View Post
Hey Woody, just wanted to update you on the springs...I did end up going with the standard rate small block springs in mine 6102/6101 and finally got everything buttoned up yesterday. The ride is SOOOOOOOO much better! I still have a bit of tuning to do on my adjustable Fox shocks, but the truck is infinitely better to drive. I did the front springs along with new sway bar bushings and in the back, did the springs with new trailing arm and track bar bushings.

With your 3rd row, you will probably want to run the HD springs in the rear if you'll be driving the truck fully loaded.
Thanks Greg...great information! Now that I've got my seats all in, I want to drive it a bunch before taking everything out again to get the bodywork done and interior/exterior painted...so the springs are next on my list. Although my grandkids will be the most frequent passengers and don't weigh much, there will be times that their parents travel with us (plus gear) so yes, HD sounds like the way to go. Thanks again...and I wish you, your family and all the members of the group a happy Independence Day!

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote