View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 01:25 PM   #317
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Throwing in an update. The mechanic was pleased with the work and had some items to remedy.

1. The vacuum wiper has just about given out, so the suggestion was to switch to electric. Picked one of those up to install from ClassicParts.com

2. Reroute the fuel line away from heat. I have it running in a U shape from the carb across the intake manifold then down the drivers side frame rail. The concern was that I might boil the gas in the aluminum fuel line and "hydrolock."

3. Vibration is your worst enemy. Anything that moves will rub and cause problems. That includes all of my wiring harness that I just ran wires everywhere without casing around them. I also ran the battery ground wires without enough attachment points to the frame. Fixed all those issues and used this kit. Great product and I'd suggest it to anyone getting a 3rd party wiring harness like my JEGS one.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/painless...braid/p/WHC19/

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote