Thread: HRSaR
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #24
McMurphy

Re: HRSaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Not a lick of rust any were under there.
Im no expert but the hose clamps are interesting to see. Is that some type of brake setup off the tranny?
I have no idea what that hose, and the hose clamps on the intermediate drive line is for....
Yeah, not much rust on this rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
That is just the original SM420 trans with the e-brake drum on the back of it. That is typical of some C20's and the C30 and bigger trucks. The auxiliary trans is at the end of that short interemediate driveshaft, above than channel crossmember at the left of the pics.

Yeah, not a chance of much rust under there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
I've seen the ebrake drum on the back like that, but the second trans, It has to be a 3 speed box, but for the life of me I can't remember ever having seen one.
Here are some new photos from under the truck, hopefully these will give you guys a better idea of what is going on under there.
As you can imagine it is a difficult thing to photograph. I think the best ones are were I just held the camera up and took my best guess on aim....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
Great looking truck McMurphy. The interior looks great and it definitely looks stout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynrockers View Post
Uh Oh another one!!! Good looking interior.
Oh yeah the interior is awesome !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Groovy 'ol tow truck, Murph! That's gotta be fun to bomb around in.
It is a gas to drive around in, fun getting the looks when I am in uniform driving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bears_da1 View Post
Always happy to follow a Murph build! Amazed at how little rust there is on it.

Why is it that we men get accused of not being able to multi-task yet when we want to build more than one, our wives are giving us grief?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
True....
For me it is not so much as not being able to multitask, but a matter of funds distribution. The goal is to complete the big bling-bling project first before I retire and the funds for that sort of thing dry up. (funds for a resale project are different as it will be minimalist work where the Stepside is an over-the-top work of personal art)

****************************************************************************************

Here are the new pics, I hope they show something you can find useful !!

Name:  10sep13 OD transmission on the 64 (4).jpg
Views: 2163
Size:  58.5 KB

Name:  10sep13 OD transmission on the 64 (6).jpg
Views: 2190
Size:  59.2 KB

Thanks for looking guys !!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote