View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #14
rollin thunder

Re: Vapor lock cure for carbed engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhngardner367 View Post
NOT REALLY. You see,a lot of the driving is in temps that are 78 PLUS(meaning higher)temps,in heavy city traffic,and pulling loads. SO,YES, it does occur,and quite frequently,with the E-10 fuels.
At times, (such as last summer) we can reach temps of 90-100 f.,so laugh all you want...at 61 yrs old, I don't feel like setting along the road,in the heat !
Also,I am moving to ARKANSAS,in a couple of months,which,as you MAY know has a LOT higher temps,and I want to be sure the problem is gone!
Oh,and by the way...E-10 fuels will boil at lower temps,and only have a shelf life of 100 days. Also,anything more than .5% of water in it,can render E-10 ethanol fuels unusable ! That's only 4tbsp,per gallon !
What part of Arkansas you moving to? if its in the ozarks (where i am) like here in Thayer Mo. the weather changes on a dime. the summer is upper 90`s and lower 100`s most of the time but its muggy and nasty really heavy damp hot air. so 95 feels like 105 ive had issues with vapor lock on some trucks and my buddies 49 ford custom. so its definitely a good idea. can`t wait to see how you do it. i just might steal it
2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 4wd extended cab dd
rollin thunder is offline   Reply With Quote