View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
LBJ

Help on Floor Jack?

I have a floor jack I bought about 1985. Used it for years. I had to put it in storage for a few years, and when I got it out of storage two years ago, it had quit working. That is, it won't build any pressure. I checked the fluid level and added some, but still no pressure. I talked to a guy who rebuilds floor jacks and he said parts (O Ring Sets) for imports are very hard to find and match-up and he hates to even mess with them. Is anyone getting a floor jack rebuilt these days? This one is really solid and built like they used to build them years ago. I went ahead and bought a new one that works, but really isn't as heavy duty as the old one. I hate to get shed of it without a last gasp on some personal experiences on getting one rebuilt. Thanks for your comments. LBJ

When I took the photo, I pumped it up and the arm would rise, but go right back down. It's as if the port that locks down for pressure isn't sealing off. I twisted the handle pretty tight and still not maintaining pressure. Might be something simple?

Last edited by LBJ; 04-15-2017 at 09:19 AM.
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote