View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 09:26 PM   #6
jumpsoffrock

Re: Help with 22.5 Wheels/Tire size

I'm not completely clear on what you're asking. I hope I can help.

But would pictures of my setup help? I couldn't find 11R22.5 for my rims(that's what I wanted), so they got me 235/80-22.5 .
-->Will they fit the rim? The guys at my local tire shop(been same-family ran for 75+ years) said the 11R22.5 should fit(not absolutely will; "should"), but they're overkill and hard to find used(and very expensive new).
-->Will they touch each other? I really don't have experience.....but I just doubt it.
--> Will they touch springs? Don't know, probably not on my truck.

I may try and take my truck by a tire shop the next day I have off and ask them those three questions(they probably can't answer #3). I'll get back to you if I can manage.

Additionally, With my 4-spd(SM420) and a (6.61 Low) (4.86 high):1 rear end gear, I achieve 55mph @ ~2500 rpm. This is verified mathematically, but not on gauges. My speedometer didn't work and is now completely removed from the truck.

I had to change the rear carrier to get those ratios. With my previous high gear (6.51:1) I calculated the 11R22.5 that I was shopping for to barely put me at 55mph @ 3000. I was not satisfied.

Then I bought a used differential carrier.....
Attached Images

Last edited by jumpsoffrock; 06-20-2015 at 09:36 PM.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote