View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #40
Hilandr451

Re: '89 3/4T 'burb front-end swap to '66 C20

Day 8:

The Big Finish (or Gotta Get it Done Today - I have to Work Tomorrow!)

The day started with a hot bowl of steel-cut oats and that was just the fuel to put a head of steam into the task at hand. We bled the brakes again - 3 times. Then backed 'er down the driveway to put the dog house back on....

John the shot hog...

Ali-oop! This wasn't as easy as the guys on "Trucks!" made it look...I smashed Johnny's hand putting the isolators under the core support. But then I sliced my fore arm open while trying to mount the fan shroud.

There! you... can't tell we did anything to it. All that hard work covered up by sheet metal.

Small note here: notice the missing bolt on the driver's side bumper? That's because the REZ kit we installed to upgrade the steering interfered with the bumper outrigger. We'll need to do some adjusting to get that part to fit there.

You can see a little bit here, if you really look hard...

You can see a little bit here, but not really....

Here's the Swap Meet / Scrap pile! This is everything we replaced on this build - cool huh?

Ahhh there now! You know, there ain't nothin' like a clean shop after a build.....

What's next you ask???

I think it just might be time for....
Phase 3: Pullin' up the Rear!
New Shocks, New Springs, new rubber bumpers, New Trailing arm bushings, panhard bar bushings, bed wood, bed rails & hardware!
Highlander's web site: www.6066ChevyTrucks.com
Hilandr451 is offline   Reply With Quote