Thread: My 66 Project
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 01:04 AM   #1
Jazbojinx

My 66 Project

Well I've had this pickup for 18 months. Built a small block for it and installed a TH400 a year ago. Now its time to go completely thru it. Installing 4 wheel disc brakes. Mid 80's Camaro rearend is mocked up and ready for caliper brackets and calipers. Its narrower then the stock reared. Went with Camaro due to the 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern. More choices for rims. Looking at a 4.5" front drop and 6" rear. Installing 81 c-10 front cross member with power steering. Installed Tilt Column already. Going to install blazer tank in rear frame and still deciding where to run the filler neck. Not going to do in bed fill. Frame is going to be boxed in and all unnecessary holes filled and smoothed out. All wiring, brake lines and fuel lines will be inside frame. There will be access panels that can be removed to do any work on lines or wiring. Have some rust in floor boards and passenger rocker. Doors have a little rust but nothing too major. Also replacing the lower valance on the hood and filling the seams. As you can see the front bed panel need to be replaced. Already have one to go with. I will post pics as I go.
Attached Images

Jazbojinx is offline   Reply With Quote