View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 11:57 AM   #180
slow4dr

Re: TCI to start new R&D Project with a C10!

I feel so scatter brained lately. I seem to be jumping from project to project. I started removing the drip rails and then ran into a little problem. So I moved back to finish welding the bed.

I had planned on doing the drip rail removal a small section at a time. This helps keep the roof structure from distorting. I worked the door areas first and all went pretty easily. Unfortunately, when I cut the front section I realized real quick that the roof skin doesn't line up with the windshield surround. Basicaly, the roof skin overhangs the windshield surround by roughly 3/16". So I went ahead and cut that whole front portion of the drip rail off. I now plan to do a small pie cut on the sides and will lay the roof skin down a little at the front to smooth out the 3/16" difference.

Since the drip rail deal is going to take some thought process I moved back to welding up the bed sides. So the sides were removed for easier access.

Just trying to close up all the seams.(& holes that I made)

Will be placing some small steel pieces here to bridge the gap.

I've been going back & forth between mig & tig thru this whole process. I'm glad that this isn't my job cause welding sheet metal is not my thing.

slow4dr is offline   Reply With Quote