View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 02:47 PM   #2563
57tailgater

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
57tailgater- What you’re describing applied to the ‘55-‘57 cars for sure. I remember that large glass jar under the hood of my Dad’s ‘55 two door hardtop BelAir I drove in high school. I remember the push button too. But I know for sure there was no button in the center of the truck’s wiper knob. I’ve never seen one and there wasn’t one on my Dad’s ‘59 Fleetside either.

But there must have been SOME way of causing water to be squirted. Not a big deal for me as I never intend to drive it in the rain or to use the wipers to clean the windshield either. Hell, I probably won’t wven put the wiper arms on the truck unless I get a ticket!

Still, it bugs me the stock wiper drive bezels have squirters in them and no way to use them.
Maybe what I remember seeing was something someone took off a car to use on a Task Force truck. I was going to pursue finding one of those switch assemblies but that fell by the wayside. I do remember it had the small button in the middle of the switch knob and the switch knob matched the rest of the truck dash knobs so I assumed it was specific to TF trucks. The AD trucks had a foot pedal pump. It would be interesting to know for sure.
57tailgater is offline   Reply With Quote