View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 02:33 AM   #6
Kree

Re: Getting ready to pull my first 5.3 from the junkyard

First off thank you for the replies and sorry for not documenting the pull with pixtures. I had the intentions of doing so but ran low on time the day of the pull.

Ended up pulling 5.3l and 4l60E from a 2002 Yukon XL gonna check the vin in the morning. The junkyard is right next to my work lol. Was able to unbolt the center bluck from the fuse block and the rest basically unclipped. This yard cuts the exhaust at the cats so that saved from having to use the sawzall. I did use an 18mm socket on something just cant rember what and a small tirx to remove 2 bolts on the radiator support. A couple of guys next to me had a 4' or so pry bar and a huge set of what looked like branch lopers to cut oil lines and what not. Otherwise pretty straigtforward.

Removed headlights and plastics from radiator and inner fendes. Removed radiator and ac core. Then got the wiring harnes sorted out. Ended up cutting power steering line but kept power steering cooler. Removed 6 motor mount bolts and a trans mount bolt and had them lift it out with the fork lift. The hardest part I think was removing the radiator stuff. Now to cleaning it all up and going thru it all.
Kree is offline   Reply With Quote