View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 09:55 PM   #13
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Do all Supers have upper and lower molding's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
I think we’re talkin past each other Tony. My comment was in reply to your statement quoted above. RPOs are three characters - YE9 is not the most common - it is the only code for a Super. The surrounding characters, if there are any, don’t have anything to do with the whether or not a truck is a Cheyenne Super, just has to contain YE9. It sounded like you were stating that there were other three character codes than YE9 that mean a truck is a Cheyenne Super.

Edit - btw, Keith wrote up a great explanation of what those extraneous characters can sometimes mean. Worth a look, I found it very interesting.
Just my ignorance of RPO characters on display Jocko. Learn something new everyday.

I can't quite reach the write-up, but I see "The additional characters are either ECL codes, which provide additional detail about the RPO, or dummy characters filling the spaces after the added codes fell into disuse." And "ECL Exception Control Letter".

That alone explains a lot.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote