View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #19
mpotts64

Re: Ideas for Kill switch/anti-theft?

well. I was talking to a guy who had gotten out of prison for auto theft and he said the club was the easiest way to steal a car. He said you take freon and freeze the lock on the club, hit it with good sharp hit with a ball pien and the frozen lock would crumble, he said you can just push it in, take it off, and it is gone, have never tried it and cannot say one way or the other, just what I was told, have a great day

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaGavin View Post
I know it's not a switch but these ideas would help people be a little more honest: "The Club"? Basically a locking bar to make your steering wheel impossible to turn more than about 1/4 turn. Of course there is the higher tech option of a removable wheel...Other than that a battery disconnect is good for the battery as well as a theft device.

When asked why I work on old trucks, I tell them: Been married 27 years, sons are pretty much gone, don't like the wife anymore and don't have a girlfriend, so, gotta do something, the old trucks are cheaper and less drama than a girlfriend -
mpotts64 is offline   Reply With Quote