View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 02:19 AM   #13
JetForceF22

Re: 4L60e out of a S10 Blazer; is the bellhousing the same as on a 1500 pickup truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwood View Post
The clutch pedal switch provides the same function as the neutral safety switch does in an automatic. It requires you to depress the clutch pedal before starting to ensure the starter doesn't try to pull the truck in gear and make a simple situation worse. It is mounted on the pedal assy.
Ah okay I understand. I might not fool with that though since the sm465 is all mechanical, plus I'm used to driving my 72 and I've only turned the key (in gear) for a brief second before I realized my mistake, its not something I do often. I'll look into it however.

Quote:
Some trucks (not sure if these truck are effected by this) originally equipped with the bench seat and a manual will have a cutout in the middle so if the seat is all the way up and the stick is back, they won't contact.
I'm most likely going to have to move my CB Radio since I attached it to the bottom of the cigarette lighter tray... other then that I hope I don't have any other clearance issues hopefully (the console may be a problem?), it'll just be about finding the correctly bent transmission stick.

Quote:
If there isn't a pilot bearing, usually the crank is machined to accept one. You will just need to install the correct one for your trans.
I found my new pilot bearing that I was supposed to put in my 72's sm465 today in the garage, hopefully it'll fit right into my crank

Quote:
The items I listed before are just a list of things that I know are different between most manual and automatic trucks. There will be things that you can get by without changing (ie the steering column), just make sure the research is done before diving in. One more thing I thought of last night was the ignition switch, the manuals have the little button on them that prevent the key from coming out.
My ignition switch is all weird already, I can take the key out and the truck still runs, may be something I might have to look into when I tear the truck apart lol. Thanks again for all the info
1972 3/4 Ton Cheyenne Super, 350ci 650 cfm Edelbrock 4bbl Performer AVS, Edelbrock Torquer intake manifold, Headman Longtube Headers to 2 1/2in cutouts to 3 inch flowmaster super 40's true dual. 4.10? Rear SM-465/205 transfer case. Now this one is busted!! http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...k/1972 Pickup/
1995 K1500 Silverado 5.7L 350 TBI with 1in swirl torque spacer, Flowtech shorty headers, 3 inch collectors to y pipe going to 3in highlfow cat converter, single offset passenger side outlet, full 3 inch setup from collectors. Edelbrock High Flow 255LPH/67GPH Fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge, running at about 18psi. 3.73 Rear 4L60-E 4 speed auto (Rebuilt)http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...1995%20Pickup/
JetForceF22 is offline   Reply With Quote