View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
OrrieG

Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

I have owned my 59 Fleetside since 1976. I'm the third owner, it is an Arizona desert truck. I drove it until 1985 as a 235-4 speed. During that time we crossed and recrossed the south-west many times. In 1985 when the motor finally gave up at 220K I bought a donar 74 K10 drive train with 120K on the clock and transplanted it under the 59. Engine came from a 65 pickup (283 w/ cam). I drove it in that configuration until around 1997 when the cab rust was getting bad enough it needed taken care of. I decided to do a frame off on it and spent the next year taking it apart, stripping the body, etc.

My business then took off and I worked on it occasionaly. Last summer I decided it was time to put it back together or sell the parts and get it out of the garage. Wife also promised no home projects (every summer had been an major remodeling/addition project that took up the weekends) so I could finish the truck.

I have been lurking here for about 6 months, there are some really nice rigs and great advice, some of which I have incorporated into the truck. Here are five pictures: one of the truck when I took it off the road, two of the frame I painted this Saturday, one each of the steering setup and power brake setup I installed on Sunday.

Enjoy, I will continue to post as I put it back together.
Attached Images

Last edited by OrrieG; 03-26-2007 at 07:10 PM.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote