View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 05:27 PM   #15
Perphilip

Thumbs up Re: 2015-2017 Silverado 40/20/40 seats

I've got a set from 2015 installed in my 67 cab (tank removed). They fit fine side to side and I powered them with a jumper from the cigarette lighter (just the two wires to get them moving). I did not mess with the airbags, idk if they should come out, but I just left them.
Seatbelts - I had already installed 3 point belts so I kept those working and ignored the integrated belts on each seat. The integrated latch side is actually just a pass-thru type that bolts to the seat frame. It would be nice to use as the release is well positioned; my 3 point release just flops around between the console.
Console - bottom trim didn't fit once I bolted the console to the floor. Eventually I figure I'll need to build a base for it (when I finally get to installing carpet).
Mounting - PO had installed a 78-ish bench and already drilled the floor. I used the two rear factory mounting holes/nuts and drilled new holes for the fonts (with big washers, ect.. I did cut off the front seat mounting holes that we're sticking out to the side and drilled new bolt holes directly thru the bottom of he slide channel. This kept them within the footprint of the stock bench. Eventually I think it would be better to fab a bracket across the entire floor so that I can patch the floor pan.
Overall I really like the feel of the seats and appreciate the power adjustments. Without the headrest they look great in place. I am 6'4" my driver's seat is adjusted all the way back and a bit down (no tilt column). I can slide right in (stock height suspension) and everything is good for long drives.
Highly recommend; I'm sure someone with better fab skills could make it work better, and leather covering would class it up, but I love it and won't be changing anything until I am ready to carpet the interior.
Perphilip is offline   Reply With Quote