View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 01:21 PM   #10
Greenlee

Re: Electrical Gurus - 87' no keyed power

After 2-1/2 years of thinking this issue was solved it started doing it again! I was driving down the freeway and the truck died. I coasted into a parking lot and again I had no keyed power. The warning lights, buzzer, radio-everything through the key was dead. After a few minutes, power came back and it started right up like nothing ever happened.

When this happened before, I ended up replacing the ignition switch on the column and put on a new connector at the starter. I never found any loose grounds or anything. I even took it to a shop and they couldn’t find anything. I had to have it towed because it wouldn’t restart and left me stranded on the side of the freeway. When we unloaded it from the tow truck, the damn thing started right up again! I wish it would have just stayed broke so I could diagnose the problem. Lol

I’m thinking about replacing the entire wire and fusible links for the wire that goes from the starter up the firewall. If anyone has any other words of wisdom please let me know!
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote