View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 11:47 PM   #49
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

outlaw I was upset mostly because I got too far down the track, thinking of having those wheels and tires on the 41 for automobilia this weekend. never count chickens before they hatch.

got the gussets on the ear mounts, painted up the trans crossmember and wire brushed the frame in the areas that would be hard to get to after the motor was in.

IMG_0304 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0308 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0306 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the forklift did the job, I was worried about the trans mount for a second but plop, all bolts went right through their respective mounts. easy peasy super cheesey.

IMG_0309 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I used it again to tip the cab back so I could trim the shackle channels and carve out for the trans. look at the great condition of the floor and the supports!

IMG_0310 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

then put the cab back on.

IMG_0311 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I need some better condition cab mounts, these were trashed and I didnt have any extras. I might pick them up tomorrow. I am also planning work for the 41 before this weekend. automobilia is an awesome show/midnight street cruise every year, and they only give 50 "best of" trophies. I won one year, never expected it, I was actually out cruising instead of at the awards. after I picked it up, on the cruise a guy pulled up next to me and said "whats that piece of **** got that mine doesnt". I just held up the plaque haha. good times.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote